Persuasive Essay Topics That Will Help Students Prepare An Excellent Essay
Students have to do a great deal of essay writing in school and college level. But, for many students, this is a daunting affair because they don’t have the necessary time and skills to write an excellent essay. Such essays can range from persuasive, narrative, argumentative, and expository essays. Out of these, a persuasive essay is one such essay that many schools and college students find challenging to write. The major reason is they don’t know what to write about. But, don’t worry. Today, we’re going to share some persuasive essay topics that will help all the students craft a perfect essay.
So let’s get started!
What Is A Persuasive Essay?
Before moving on to the list of topics, it’s important to know the meaning of a persuasive essay. It is a type of essays which the students try to convince readers to agree with a particular stance or point of view, with the help of sound reasons and good examples. It can be written about any subject. For example – you can write a persuasive essay about your viewpoint on wearing uniforms in schools and colleges or even using cell phones in school. Thus, a persuasive essay is one of the best ways to get others to understand your viewpoint about a particular thing.
Persuasive Essay Tips
A good persuasive essay is one that manages to convince the readers to agree with the perspective provided by the writer. It must contain factual evidence and logical reasons to support the argument. With that in mind, we offer you some quick essay writing tips that might help you prepare a perfect persuasive essay:
- Think about the issue and choose the side you want to advocate clearly from the start.
- Understand the reader’s perspective.
- Do proper research, understand the topic from multiple angles and gather solid evidence from different sites and reference materials.
- Proofread and edit your entire essay. Check for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, sentence structure, and punctuation.
- Use figurative language that includes metaphors, similes, and analogies. Also, use some rhetorical devices to convince your readers.
- Your essay should be backed by relevant examples and quotations concerning the topic. Also, use some statistics and facts. But, make sure this information is taken from reliable sources only.
- Use transition words. It will help your audience follow your thoughts easily and not get confused while reading your article.
- Create a strong thesis statement that reflects your argument.
- Make sure the claims and arguments mentioned in the essay don’t evoke the reader’s emotions.
Using all these tips, you’ll have more chances to prepare an excellent essay without any obstacles. This will also help you improve and develop your skills in persuading people.
Some students find it difficult to craft a well-structured essay. In such situations, there’s no harm in getting the assistance of online writing services that can not only help prepare your speech but also allow you to submit it on time. There are many services available online from where you can buy essay papers online at cheap rates.
Good Persuasive Essay Topics For Different Levels
A persuasive essay is a common assignment during all levels of education. There are mainly 3 different levels – Middle school, High school, and College. Let’s take a look at some topics you can choose at each of these 3 levels of education.
College Persuasive Essay Topics
Persuasive essays are very common among colleges and universities. So, if you’re confused about what to write about, here are some topics that can help you ease your frustration:
- Advantages and disadvantages of E-learning
- Can distant learning replace traditional learning?
- Should food producers show the number of calories in each meal?
- Is the current taxation system fair or unfair?
- Why is it necessary to increase the wages of workers?
Persuasive Essay Topics For High School
The teacher assigns you a persuasive essay, but you have no clue on what to write about. Then, check out these interesting topics that can help you write an excellent essay:
- Advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform
- Should music education become necessary in school?
- The importance of studying art in school
- Why is homework necessary?
- Is home education beneficial?
- Do we need more scholarships for minority groups?
- Should more students be encouraged to choose Spanish as a foreign language to study?
Persuasive Essay Topics For Middle School
Persuasive essays in middle school help students develop learning and critical thinking skills. Below are some topics that students can choose for delivering well-researched arguments for their peers:
- Is climate change real?
- What is the greatest challenge faced by today’s students?
- Do schools do enough to prevent bullying?
- Should art education become necessary in school?
- Should exams be banned?
- Importance of practical learning over a theoretical?
Topics For A Persuasive Essay By Subject
Are you struggling to find a good persuasive essay topic for different subjects? Then, congrats! Your wait is over. There are many subjects students can prepare their persuasive speech. Some of these are as follows:
Let’s check out some very important topics you can choose from each category.
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
Sports is a great and interesting topic to talk about. From the Olympic games to the role of media in sports, there are many things you can bring up.
- Are school teams over financed?
- Why should sports be given much attention?
- Should physical education be made compulsory in school and college?
- What is the role of media in sports life?
- Extreme kinds of sports must be banned for children
- Is swimming the safest and healthiest type of sport?
Medical Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you interested in medicine? Your teacher certainly will be if you manage to craft a perfect medical persuasive paper. Have a look:
- What are the causes of cancer?
- The reasons for obesity: is it a lack of physical activity?
- Is healthy fast food possible?
- Is sex education at school effective?
- How donating blood benefits society and you?
- Pros and cons of donating organs
- What is the importance of Red Cross day?
Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
An environment is a great sphere to talk about. Here are some interesting persuasive essay topics you can dwell on:
- Should littering be made a criminal offense?
- Are we the only ones responsible for climate change?
- Why the reckless use of natural resources is dangerous and why they should be conserved?
- The negative effects of single-use plastics
- Are the existing regulations to protect the environment enough?
Political Persuasive Essay Topics
This is a topic that concerns everybody. You can express your thoughts and feelings about some things you want to change with the help of such essays. Check out some good topics:
- The importance of voting.
- Freedom of speech must apply to all political subjects, no matter how sensitive they are.
- Political funding should be more intensely scrutinized.
- Should a president serve more than two terms if the people love him?
- Why is it dangerous to allow political parties to accept financial donations from large corporations?
Psychology Persuasive Essay Topics
Need a decent psychology essay topic to impress your teacher? Here are some topics that can help you do it:
- Does chocolate help avoid depression?
- Should people avoid speaking of themselves as victims?
- Laughter is the best way to connect with people.
- Optimism is good for your health.
- Decreased attention span is bad for people.
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you writing a persuasive essay for the first time? Don’t worry! Here is the list of some easy topics to choose from:
- Why is fast driving dangerous?
- Is online teaching a bad idea?
- Should couples live together before marriage?
- Is social media harmful?
- Are men more clever than women?
- Harmful effects of high sugar consumption
- Is meat consumption bad for health?
Popular Persuasive Essay Topics In 2019
After thorough research, we’ve compiled a list of 10 topics popular in 2019:
- Do social networks make people more narcissistic?
- Does Social Media play an important role in Education?
- Should there be a ‘Dislike’ button on Instagram?
- Should society support aspiring artists?
- Is reading books on tablets the same as reading a physical book?
- Should the development of nuclear weapons be outlawed internationally?
- Should animal rights issues apply to insects?
- Does the World need Superheroes?
- Is Human chipping an absurd concept?
- Films & TV Series Based on Comics: How Loyal Should They Be To Fans?
Tips For Choosing Topics For A Persuasive Essay
Choosing a good topic for your persuasive speech is not less than finding a needle in a haystack. Thus, to make it easier, we’ve provided you with some tips that can not only help you find a nice topic but also write a perfect essay:
- Pick a topic you’re passionate about. You should have proper knowledge about the topic and must present your arguments with solid facts and figures.
- Never choose a topic that is too large for a college essay scope. Also, make sure that it isn’t too broad or complicated to be covered within the given limit. Thus, choose a specific topic.
- Think about why your audience might be interested in supporting your point of view. Also, the topic should bring value to your audience.
- Create a proper outline of the essay before submitting the final paper. Also, write the essay in a proper structure, i.e., introduction, thesis statement, body paragraphs, conclusion.
- Before the final submission, proofread and edit your essay properly to make a lasting impression on your readers.
Finding a good topic for your persuasive speech takes a lot of time and effort. Always make sure that the topic you’re selection not only interests you but also interests and engages your audience. This is because if you like the topic, you’re more likely to enjoy writing and it will be easier for you to take a stand on that issue and persuade your readers.